Windows XP Support ending April 8th, 2014
There are still a lot of people running Windows XP and most of them are wondering what will happen after April 8th. These are the facts you need to know about the end of support:
- Windows XP will not suddenly stop working
- Security updates and patches will no longer be supplied
- Automatic updates will stop
- Microsoft Security Essentials will not be offered to XP installs, updates will continue for an unspecified amount of time
- MSE will continue to work fine on Vista/7/8/8.1
The big issue here is NO MORE SECURITY UPDATES. This means when the evil hackers find holes in the software (XP) there will be no fixes, making XP extremely vulnerable to viruses and malware.
All is not lost, we can help!
Upgrade to a refurbished desktop with Windows 7 and a full year warranty. That’s the same warranty you get on brand new, much more expensive computers but for a fraction of the cost. Click the photo below for more details or contact us directly to talk about your options.